Web Site: http://www.beachbodycoach.com/OXFITNESS
Bio: Throughout My 20's I lived a carefree Bachelor life of watching TV, Playing video games and eating whatever I wanted. I was in denial not wanting to see a connection to my unhealthy lifestyle and my 200+ pound body. With my marriage and the birth of my daughter, my bachelor lifestyle ended. That coupled with my doctor saying that I needed to lose weight opened my eye's to my health. Wanting to be there for my family I realized if I didn't change I might not be around for them. Finding Insanity from an infomercial the biggest hurdle I faced was just getting started, but when I realized the hardest part of my day was the workout, I told himself that once I finished it the rest of the day would be easy. When I added P90X to my routine, I was surprised to learn that in addition to my physical strength my mental strength increased too and that's when I added Insanity the Asylum! Long story short I transformed my body and my life carving out a mean set of six pack abs by cutting 9 inches of my waist and losing 52lbs! No longer embarrassed by my body, wearing a shirt is now "optional." I love any opportunity to show off my new ripped stomach! Today I am a Diamond Fitness Coach and founder of OX FITNESS where I reach out to give hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, nutritionally or even financially I am here to help you see REAL RESULTS!
Posts by Coach Matt:
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
Rimmed baking sheet, lightly greased
Roasted vegetables pasta
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Roasting vegetables brings out deep, rich color and flavor. Add the nutty taste of whole wheat pasta, the sweetness of fresh basil and a hint of salt from the Parmesan, and this recipe will please your whole palate.
|6||cloves garlic, unpeeled||6|
|4 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil, divided||60 mL|
|3 tbsp||balsamic vinegar||45 mL|
|1⁄2 tsp||freshly ground black pepper||2 mL|
|Pinch||salt (Try using Himalayan salt as a healthier alternative)||Pinch|
|1||red bell pepper, cut into 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) pieces||1|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cut into 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) pieces||1|
|1||onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) pieces||1|
|3 cups||cubed butternut squash (1⁄2-inch/1 cm cubes)||750 mL|
|2 cups||eggplant (unpeeled), cut into 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) pieces||500 mL|
|2 cups||chopped asparagus (1⁄2-inch/1 cm pieces)||500 mL|
|12 oz||whole wheat penne pasta||375 g|
|4||tomatoes, seeded and diced||4|
|3⁄4 cup||lightly packed coarsely chopped fresh basil||175 mL|
|1⁄3 cup||freshly grated Parmesan cheese||75 mL|
- Cut the tip off the top of the garlic cloves. Place on a small piece of foil and drizzle with 1⁄2 tsp oil. Scrunch to enclose garlic in foil. Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven, leaving oven on, and let cool slightly. Squeeze garlic from skins, discarding skins; coarsely chop garlic and place in a small bowl. Whisk in vinegar, 21⁄2 tbsp oil, pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, squash and eggplant with 1 tbsp oil. Spread vegetables on prepared baking sheet. Roast on upper rack of oven, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until almost tender.
- In a small bowl, toss asparagus with the remaining oil. Add asparagus to baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer drained pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with the reserved cooking liquid. Add roasted vegetables, tomatoes, basil and roasted garlic mixture; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours (let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving).
Cutting all the vegetables to the same size ensures that they will cook evenly.
Serve with grilled vegetarian sausage to add protein to this meal.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
|Saturated Fat||1.8 g|
|Sodium||249 mg (10% DV)|
|Fiber||7 g (28% DV)|
|Calcum||126 mg (11% DV)|
|Iron||2.6 mg (19% DV)|
It can be hard to get your kids to eat fruits and vegetables. You are not alone! Most children in the US don’t get the amount of fruits and vegetables recommended. Here are a few easy tips to get your children to enjoy their fruits and vegetables and meet their needs.
Six tips to get your kids to love their fruits and veggies
1. Lead by example
- Your child will want to try new fruits and veggies if she sees others at the table eating the same foods. When you make healthy food choices for yourself, you are teaching your kids about healthy eating.
- If time is an issue, skip cooking the vegetables and serve them raw with hummus or a creamy yogurt dip. You could also throw frozen vegetables in cooked dishes. There is no washing, chopping or wilting!
- Keep fruits where your kids can access them for a quick snack. Cut up oranges, mangos, peaches or pears and put them in a plastic container in the fridge. Keep a fruit bowl full of apples, plums and bananas on the kitchen table.
2. Add variety
- Buy fruits and veggies that are in season. During the winter months, frozen vegetables and fruit tend to be a better buy and they are just as nutritious as fresh.
- Try experimenting with one new vegetable or fruit a month.
3. Introduce new vegetables and fruit with familiar foods
- Take the pressure off. Serve a new food alongside familiar vegetables and fruits.
- Try roasted cubes of sweet potato with white potato or a mixed kabob alternating between new and familiar vegetables.
4. Try, try again
- Most children need to be introduced to a new food 8 to 10 times before they will try it. So don’t give up on any vegetable or fruit.
- Give new fruits and veggies to your children as often as possible, especially when they are young. The earlier you start, the better.
5. Get your kids involved
- Let your children help prepare meals and snacks. Whether they eat it or not, that zucchini doesn’t seem so strange after they have helped to prepare it.
- Take your children grocery shopping. Make eating fruits and veggies a game of colors. Ask you child to find a certain colored vegetable or fruit to have for snacks during the week.
- Involve your children in preparing lunch. Let them choose which vegetable and fruit they want packed.
- Visit a farmer’s market or a local farm. This will teach your children about where food comes from.
6. Start them young
- The younger the better. Getting children excited about fruits and veggies as early as possible is the best way to ensure they will continue to enjoy them as they get older.
- Minimize children’s exposure to simple sugars and sweets. These things dull the taste buds and make it difficult to really “taste” veggies and instead makes them seem bland by comparison. The sooner you shape your children tatse buds the healthier they will eat. They will even crave and request fruits and veggies such as apples and carrots instead of candy bars and potato chips!
At the end of the day…
Getting your child to love eating their fruits and veggies may take some time, but it’s worth it! Offer your child fruits and veggies often and make it fun! Let them choose what they want to eat from the healthy variety of foods you serve. Remember, it is most important to make sure they are getting a variety of foods just like you.
On January 4th 2010 I began a weightless journey which over time had turned into a health and fitness Journey (there’s a huge difference between the two) . Even though I faced many challenges and up and downs this journey has been nothing short of incredible!
“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”
It seems like only yesterday I was 52lbs heavier, not knowing what to do with myself or where my life was headed. All I knew was that I needed to do something ASAP if I wanted to be the best possible father and husband that I can be. In order to do that I had to be around, and in order to be around as long as possible I had to be healthy!
I realized that I was to blame for my bad food choices which led to my poor health, so it would be up to me to change that! The direction I was headed in was totally preventable and I thought to myself one day “If you really care about your daughter, You gotta stop trying to kill her father!” That thought sent chills up my spine and it was at that moment that I made the decision to at least TRY! Prior to that my wife had suggested looking into a gym or workout regimen that we can do together. She had just given birth to our beautiful baby girl and was looking for a way to lose the baby weight (But I think she was really trying to give me a hint that I was taking the “sympathy weight” thing a little too far). I planned to do P90X but at the time I had no weights and couldn’t afford to buy any on top of a workout program. Or so I thought. You see, my wife and I had just recently relocated from NJ to CA earlier that year. We were in a brand new apartment and our daughter was only 5 months old. These were my first excuses. I made myself think that I would have to wait until I had enough money to get all the right equipment before I started on P90X or any other workout. I figured we’d just go jogging and pop in my old Tae-Bo VHS from time to time to get our workouts in. When I realized that I could use resistance bands for P90X in place of weights, I figured I could make it work until I was able to get a decent set of iron. That very same night something happened that changed my life forever. It was as if by fate, I wake up to find one of those late night workout program infomercials playing on my TV. There was this bald headed guy jumping up and down and screaming, “LET’S GO!!” at the top of his lunges. People were dripping in sweat, and even though they were all saying how this was the hardest workout they’ve ever done in there lives, they all seemed to be having the time of their lives. They were all in amazing shape as a result of this program and being the type of person who loves a challenge, I just couldn’t pass this one up. The bald headed guy (at the time) was Shaun-T and the workout was Insanity! What really stuck out to me about Insanity was that it was only 60 days and no additional equipment was needed whatsoever. So not only was it a whole month shorter and promised insane results it also immediately busted my excuse about not being able to afford weights. I was so excited that I woke my wife up that at very moment to declare that we were starting our journey with Insanity on the first Monday of 2010… Jan 4th!
When I first started out on this journey I was hard headed and felt that as long as I workout really hard I’d get the results regardless of what I ate. I felt that since the workouts were so intense and I was burning so many calories that it gave me room to have a not so great diet I completely ignored the food guide, writing it off as just another diet. It wasn’t until I really began to plug into the BeachBody community, both on the website and on Facebook that I learned how important of a role in our overall results that nutrition plays.
It was actually another coaches transformation and videos that helped me see the light. I remember asking myself how did this guy start after me and get better results in less time than it took me to get the results I currently had. I mean, I had lost some weight but I didn’t look at all like someone who had been working out. I kind of just went from fat fat to skinny fat. When I watched his video I learned that he too had once struggled with getting the desired results from doing these programs until he took a step back to see what he was doing differently from the people getting these great results. He said that the one missing piece was the nutrition guide. He thought he was eating healthy enough and felt as though he didn’t need it but the results were proving otherwise. He then decided to do an experiment where for 90 days he would do every workout as scheduled and eat only the suggested meals from the nutrition guide. After 90 days his results were phenomenal! I decided right then and there that I would also follow the meal guide to the letter to see if I too could achieve those kind of results. I can’t believe I had been sitting on the “secret” the entire time! After all, I didn’t just get a workout, I got a a complete FITNESS PROGRAM. I got workout DVD’s but I also had a complete meal guide to go with it, a personal coach to call on anytime I needed help or had any questions and an entire community of people just like me who I can turn to for support or motivation and even education. I had everything I needed to succeed, I just had to utilize it… ALL of it! This is around the time when I really started to see the value in Team Beachbody. Most health companies usually focus on just fitness with little mention of nutrition (which is where 80% of your results come from) and they usually offer very little to no support! Even if they focus on nutrition, the other two factors are usually left out. I don’t know where I would be today had it not been for Team BeachBody and their complete package of not only FITNESS but NUTRITION and SUPPORT! Support by way of education and motivation from the entire community of experienced coaches and other people just like me who are looking to improve the quality of their lives! Each person inspires the next person to be greater versions of themselves! The motivation helped to keep my hopes high. Whenever I was in doubt I would go and look at all the incredible success stories and envision myself as one.
Another thing that kept me going was the knowledge that nothing would change if I did nothing and no matter how long it takes I WILL reach my destination as long as I kept moving forward towards it! I knew there was nothing that I couldn’t do!
What we think and believe deep in our hearts is what we become.
With this in mind, I was able to successfully complete P90X, a few rounds of the Insanity/P90X Hybrid, Asylum and P90X2! By November of 2011 I had lost a total of 52lbs and got in the best shape of my life!
I’m now able to run and play with my daughter for as long as she wants without getting too winded. More than just being fit, I’m also able to set a positive example to my daughter and family. At an early age, my daughter is learning to appreciate and enjoy the benefits of healthy eating and being active as well as following through with your dreams and goals and never ever giving up.
My journey has opened up so many doors and led me down some amazing paths.
One of which was winning $1000 for my results after Asylum in the Beachbody challenge in November 2011. Then later winning an additional $25,000 as finalist in the Beachbody Challenge for 2012! I was even invited to shoot an infomercial for Insanity. Even though it was awesome to be recognized and the prize money was a cool bonus, the greatest gift of all was the new lease on life I now have just knowing that my HEALTH is the least of my worries at this point! This new feeling was so powerful that I just had to share it and pay it forward in any way that I can. That’s why I made the decision to become a coach and help others write their own success stories just like my Coach and the entire Team Beachbody community helped me to write mine! Helping other people overcome obstacles and reach their health and fitness goals is the absolute most rewarding experience of all!! Nothing quite compares to the feeling of reading an email that reads “Thank you for helping me to get my life back!”
It Started With a Decision…
It started with a decision but the commitment to stick with that decision is why I’ve been able to do more than I ever thought was possible. Today, just knowing that my baby girl will never have to worry about losing her daddy over something that I have the power to prevent is worth more than all the prize money in the world!
Good health is what my family considers true wealth and I’m blessed and honored to be able to share that gift with as many people I can each and every day!
Have you heard? P90X® has gone mobile! So for the first time ever, you
can take Tony and the P90X workouts wherever you go. No more excuses.To get the most out of the app you’ll need to at least have a free Team Beachbody account, you can use the following link to sign up for a free account now: www.tinyurl.com/oxfitness
Get theP90X® App for iPhone® and you can:
• Auto-schedule your workouts
• Record your sets, reps, and weights for each workout
• Push through plateaus with customized progress reports at day 30, 60, and 90
• Automatically sync your workout data with the SuperGym®
• Log your nutrition and calorie intake
• Stay motivated by earning badges for meeting goals
• Share your success and help motivate others!
Bring It!® anywhere
You can use the P90X App for iPhone to get ripped at the gym or on the go. Just
purchase guided versions of the P90X workouts, designed specifically for your iPhone,
and you can work out anytime, anywhere.
Get the P90X App for iPhone now for only $4.99. Then send me a message at Oxfitness@gmail.com and I’ll show
you how to save money on the Guided Workouts!
***With her permission, I am re-posting a partial post from Coach Barbie Decker. There is NO argument here. It comes down to choices.***
… I felt disturbed that I had left out Shakeology from my suggested meal plan, especially given the fact that many of the foods we eat today (particularly our chicken/fish/meat) are of such poor quality. It makes sense that Shakeology would make up for some of the nutrient deficient foods we consume as a society. But, the question remains: Can you afford it?
If I left it out of my meal plan, then somewhere in my mind I was saying, “No, there is little room for it in a tight budget.” However, somehow that just didn’t jive with me. Let’s do the math together and you decide.
The cost of Shakeology on autoship (you get free shipping) is $119.99. Plus tax, say around $126, for one month’s supply (1 serving a day for 30 days). Each shake comes out to about $4.20. The coach price for Shakeology on autoship is $89.99 or around $96 total. Each serving comes out to $3.20.
Too much you say? Not if you are using Shakeology as a meal replacement, which, by the way, will help you lose weight. Remember: Subjects in a 90-Day study lost an average of 10lbs when they replaced just one meal per day with Shakeology.
The cost of an average lunch at a restaurant or take-out: $6 to $9. Plus, even Subway sandwiches which are reputably low-cal average 460 to 560 calories. Shakeology has 140 calories, less than 1 gram of fat per serving, annnnnnd it is truly nutrient rich.
The cost of an average take out or restaurant dinner: $10 & up to be sure.
The cost of a home-cooked lunch or dinner: 6-8 ounces of chicken = $2.00 (and we are talking low-grade chicken), veggies= $1 (frozen veggies are really okay! hurray!) and 1 sweet potato = from .5 to $1.00. Total= about $3.4.
Conclusion: You are spending about $3-4 on a home-cooked meal, the same amount that you would spend on Shakeology.
So what is the big fuss about then? I think our resistance has to do more with our thinking than our actual ability to afford Shakeology, regardless of budget. Somehow, I’m guessing, many people see Shakeology as a luxury item. But is it really? I invite you to watch the following video:
We think nothing of spending $4 on mass-produced food that doesn’t truly nourish us, yet we protest that $4 for Shakeology is too expensive. There’s something awry with our thinking, don’t you think?
To your health and to thinking outside the box,
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past two months you’ve heard about the much anticipated P90X2 scheduled to be released later on this year! If you’re a P90X fanatic like me then you’ve been impatiently awaiting the moment you can place your order. Well that time has finally arrived… the wait is OVER and best of all, if you have a coach then the wait was definitely worth it since the only way to pre-order for right now is through your Team Beachbody Coach. If you don’t have a coach or a Team Beachbody Profile you can sign up for a FREE account with me as your coach by following this link: FREE COACHING. Pre-orders are available starting TODAY September 1st, 2011 and ordering through a coach definitely has it’s benefits as I’ll explain below.
5 Reasons Why You Should Pre-Order P90X2 (through your coach)Today:
- The first reason is a no-brainer. FREE STUFF! When you pre-order you get two free bonus workout DVDs that don’t otherwise come with any version of P90X2. They are the P90X One on One 4 Legs and P90X One on One Upper Body Balance. These workouts were specifically chosen as they enhance the goals and benefits of the P90X2 program. Likewise, they are a time saver when you might only have 30 minutes for the workouts they can replace. This is a $40 savings alone and is EXCLUSIVLEY available from pre-ordering through a coach so make sure you order through me or whoever your current coach is.
- If the free dvd’s weren’t enough you also get FREE shipping and handling when you pre-order. (up to a $40 value)
- When you pre-order you’re automatically entered to win exclusive P90X prizes. And the earlier you place your order, the more chances you’ll have to win. Prizes will be given away once a week, and the grand prize will be Tony Horton personally delivering your P90X2 set. How cool is that!?
- You get a chance to be featured in a future P90X2 infomercial! Who doesn’t wanna be on TV?
- It’s the perfect Christmas gift! All pre-orders are guaranteed to be delivered no later than Christmas day December 25th 2011. Best of all your credit card WILL NOT be charged until your order actually ships!
Now that you know WHY you should pre-order today, here’s quick look at WHAT you can get:
Three Sets to choose from:
The Basic set costs $119 for DVD or $149 for Blu-Ray and includes:
- 12 P90X2 workout DVDs
- How To DVD
- Nutrition Guide
- Fitness Guide
- 90 Day Calendar
The Deluxe set costs $239 for DVD or $299 for Blu-Ray and includes:
- Everything in the Basic set
- The V-Sculpt and X2 Chest, Shoulders & Tris DVDs
- Stability (aka Balance) Ball
- 2 – 8 lb medicine balls
- Foam Roller
The Ultimate set costs $299 for DVD or $359 for Blu-Ray and includes:
- Everything in the Basic and Deluxe sets
- The Foam Roller is a Premium Grade Roller
- 2 Tony Horton Power Stands
Whichever set you choose, P90X2 will take you to a new level of fitness and athletic performance. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail at CoachMatt@Oxfitness.net.
“Power90® broke the mold. P90X® pushed the envelope. And soon, P90X2 will shatter the mold, crush the envelope, and ignite a sports science revolution.” Pre-Order Today!
What’s up Peeps!
Allow me to introduce my client, friend and now Coach, Amy Barham. We met through Facebook earlier this year via the OX Fitness Community Page. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of seeing her transform using P90X and Shakeology. I’m so proud of Amy and all of her accomplishments that I just had to share her story as I’m sure it will inspire many others! Enjoy!
To be coached by me, for free, click here.
Normally, when you hear about childhood obesity* these days, it’s usually some parent trying to get their kids to put down the video game controller, phone, laptop or just about anything where staring into a screen is involved. They want them off the couch and out the house to be more active and eat healthier foods! Rarely do you see the kids trying to educate other kids on this stuff. Meet CJ Senter aka the “Workout Kid“! A 10 year old from Locust Grove GA. This kid, as you’ll see in the video is a BEAST! After probably being the worlds youngest known graduate of both P90X and Insanity, CJ was inspired to create his own workout DVD targeted to children and young adults! Just like how Team Beachbody and Oxfitness is on a mission to END the TREND of OBESITY, CJ is on a mission to END the TREND of CHILDHOOD OBESITY!
Read the whole story here:
Or Visit CJ’s website at: www.workoutkid.com
The U.S Department of Health and Human Services recommends that children get approximately 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Childhood obesity is a serious medical condition that affects children and adolescents. It occurs when a child is well above the normal weight for his or her age and height. Childhood obesity leads to health problems as a adult such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Childhood obesity can also lead to poor self-esteem and depression.
There are not many companies these days that can do $400 million in sales and remain relatively anonymous.
Yet Beachbody, a private company, grossed nearly as much as Groupon did last year and very few people talk about the robust engine that is behind exercise workout programs like P90X, INSANITY and Turbo Jam.
Under the leadership of co-founder Jon Congdon and Carl Daikeler, the company has developed a business model that seems to be Teflon, turning successful converts of its programs into network marketers who ensure that the brands flourish.
Many multi-level marketing companies are based on building a network of sellers and distributors getting rewarded based on the size of their network.
Click here to continue reading this story Sports Business—Beachbody Grows Exponentially Thanks To Network Marketing - CNBC.
Are you a weekend Warrior athlete? DO you want to get that lean toned athletic body you had in high school or college? Whether you are currently an ATHLETE and want to improve your performance OR used to be an ATHLETE and want to get back to PEAK shape –you can TRANSFORM YOUR BODY and YOUR GAME!
If you’re willing to challenge your body and push your body beyond any workout you’ve DONE before then you may be ready for The ASYLUM Sports Performance Series.
You can DIG DEEPER and workout with an INSANE nationally known Fitness Trainer with a brand new sports specific program designed to bring out the athlete in you.
If you’re between the ages of 21 – 45, male or female, have between 10-30 lbs to lose, are an athlete or used to be, then this program is for you!
This is fully funded and FREE to qualified participants. You’ll participate in FREE DAILY workouts with a fun, motivating and renowned trainer!
You must be:
* Highly motivated and dedicated!
* Willing to change your current lifestyle. (ie. abstain from alcohol, dessert etc.) *
Able to attend 5 mandatory fitness classes per week in Manhattan
* Willing to follow food plan guidelines (includes supplements)
* Committed to a class schedule M-F, from July 13th – Sept 16th from 8:30am-9:30am or 10:00am-11:00am
*Able to attend all shoot days
* Willing to be interviewed and to appear in an infomercial. Camera shy need not apply!
This is a great opportunity for people who want to look and feel like an athlete. This program will bring the athlete back in you and help you improve your game- no matter what your sport!
Interested applicants please send the following information to:
1) A recent photo of yourself
2) A photo of you in a bathing suit
3) Information about yourself
4) Explanation of why we should consider you for this exciting